Sunday, October 9, 2011

Deciding it was time to lose Weight


I love Birthday Parties, as long as they are not surprise parties.  This year was almost a milestone birthday, which means next year is a milestone birthday.  If you know me well you will know which one, but right now I'm not going to tell. This year I decided that this was time to draw a line in the sand..or should I say the scale.  I decided enough was enough and it was time to make a change.  It was time to lose weight.
I used to be quite athletic as a swimmer and a tennis player.  I love to play Tennis...at least my memory says I love to play tennis.  I love the outdoors, I like to hike, I love to take pictures of the outdoors.  About 10 years ago, maybe more, I was doing a 5K race...I was walking in it.  About a block from the finish line my toe caught the edge of an uneven piece of sidewalk and I fell.  I fell forwards with my hands stopping my fall.  During that fall my left elbow jammed into my ribs cracking 5 of them and my ribs broke the tip of my elbow.  I ended up with 5 broken ribs and a cast for my broken elbow. 

So, for 3 months as I recovered, I slept and ate whatever my good friends brought me.  About a week after my cast came off I was standing at the top of tile stairway when someone accidentally bumped into me.  I fell sideways down a few stairs and ended up breaking my right leg and badly spraining my right foot. Another cast and 3 more months of inactivity, good food and loving friends and that is when I gained around 66 pounds of unwanted weight.

I can vouch for the saying "it is much easier to gain weight than to lose it".  Over the past 10 years I have tried a few programs, exercise and dieting and none of them have worked....until now.  I am so excited about the program offered by Visalus that I am willing to share my experiences so hopefully others who have been discouraged can be encouraged on a weight loss and fitness journey of their own. 

My wish is that we will be successful together.....


No comments:

Post a Comment